Mushroom & Lentil Bolognese
Delicious bolognese on a bed of zoodles.
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- a few fresh thyme stems
- 375 ml vegetable liquid stock
- 400 g tomato-based pasta sauce
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 15ml fresh parsley, chopped
- courgetti noodles, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, grated
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
Add the carrot, celery, leek and cook for 3 minutes.
Increase the heat and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, thyme, stock and pasta sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the lentils and chopped parsley.
Serve the courgetti topped with the Bolognese, Parmesan cheese and extra parsley if desired.