Mushroom and chicken with nut cream
A delicious chicken and mushroom pasta dish complete with wholewheat spaghetti and basil
- 60 g nuts, chopped
- 300 ml almond milk or milk
- 20 ml odourless coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 3 ml paprika
- 250 g white button mushrooms or portabellini mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 30 ml almond flour or cake flour
- 1 can coconut milk
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 350 g wholewheat spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 45 ml fresh basil, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 15 ml basil leaves
Soak the nuts in the milk for at least 20 minutes and then blend in a blender.
Heat half of the oil in a wide pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and paprika and fry for 5 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a plate. Increase the heat and add the remaining oil, fry the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the milk and nut mixture, coconut milk and Parmesan cheese. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the reserved chicken mixture, spaghetti and basil and toss together and heat through.Serve the spaghetti in warmed bowls with extra Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.