Wholewheat spaghetti with mushrooms, kale and hazelnuts
A healthy Italian dish served with nutritious kale and hazelnuts.
- 500 g wholewheat spaghetti
- 45 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 100 g baby button mushrooms
- 100 g kale, chopped
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 100 g hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 30 ml flat leaf parsley
- 60 ml Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 30 ml dukkah (optional)
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- dukkah (optional)
Cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic for 1 minute. Add the button mushrooms and baby mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add the reserved spaghetti and the kale and cook for 3 minutes, or until the spaghetti is heated through.
Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
Toss to combine. Serve at once with extra Parmesan cheese and dukkah, if desired.