Venison Mushroom blended Burger
#BlendYourBurger Finalist Tebogo Molelekoa shares his recipe.
For the Burgers
- 400 g Eland Mince (80/20 fat ratio) or any preferred venison – even ostrich
- 400 g mixed button and portabellini mushrooms, finely diced
- 60 ml Mrs Balls Chutney
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs (marjoram, rosemary & sage)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jumbo egg
- 4 burger buns toasted
- beer battered onion rings
- fig chutney or relish / preserve
- brie cheese
- butter lettuce
For the burgers
Combine all burger patty ingredients in a large bowl and mix ensuring spices well distributed.
Form 4 burger patties and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Grill burger patties (suggest medium) ensuring caramelization on searing.
Toast Burger Buns on grill bread side down.
Place butter lettuce onto your toasted Burger Bun base.
Top with Mushroom & Eland Blended Burger Patty & thin slices of Brie Cheese.
Drizzle with Fig Chutney.
Top Burger Bun with 3 crispy, golden beer battered onion rings (hold in place with a skewer).Best served with steak-house style chips tossed in rosemary salt.