Asian-style mushroom blended burger
#BlendYourBurger Finalist Joe Owen shares his recipe.
For the Burgers
- 400 g Beef Burger Mince (80/20 fat ratio)
- 400 g mixed Portabella and Portabellini mushrooms finely diced
- ¼ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 3 tbsp Ketjap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp teaspoon white pepper
- ½ tsp teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- oil for frying
- 4 burger buns (Sesame Seed buns are great for this burger) toasted
- Asian Slaw Mix (green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots & coriander)
For the burgers
Combine all burger patty ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand ensuring spices well distributed.
Form 4 burger patties and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
Grill or Fry burger patties (suggest medium) ensuring caramelization on searing.
Toast Burger Buns on grill.
Place a little of the Asian Slaw mix onto your toasted Burger Bun base.
Top with Mushroom Blended Burger Patty.
Drizzle with Sriracha Mayo.
Top with Red onion Pickle & Burger Bun lid.