A delicious Indian staple meal to add to your quick weeknight menu.
- 30 ml oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15 ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 15 ml curry paste
- 400 g portabellini mushrooms, halved
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tins brown lentils, drained
- 45 ml plain yoghurt or thick cream
- 30 ml fresh coriander, chopped
To Serve (optional):
- naan bread
- toasted coconut
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5-7 minutes.
Add the ginger, curry paste and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and lentils and simmer for 5 minutes.
Top with yoghurt or cream and coriander. Serve with rice or naan breads, raita and/or toasted coconut.