Salmon, mushroom and turmeric kedgeree
A tasty fish dish with mushrooms and a mild kedgeree.
- 300 g salmon fillets
- 30 ml avocado oil
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 5 spring onions
- 5 ml mustard seeds
- 10 ml mild or medium curry powder
- 5 ml turmeric
- 250 g brown basmati grain white rice, cooked
- 1 can lentils, drained
- 2 eggs hardboiled and quartered
- 30 g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and milled black pepper
- lemon wedges (to serve)
Heat a dry pan until hot and sear the salmon fillets, skin side down, for 2 minutes.
Turn fillets over cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on thickness). Set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add the spring onions and mustard seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the curry powder and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the rice and lentils. Flake the reserved salmon and gently combine add to the mushroom and rice mixture with the eggs and parsley.
Season with salt and pepper.