An interesting fusion of asian and mexican with these tacos.
- 4 Portobello (big brown) mushrooms cleaned or 500g Button or Portabellini mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp Korean barbecue marinade (available at Woolworths), or other barbecue marinade of your choice
- 1 baby cabbage finely shredded
- 1 carrot grated
- ¼ red onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 6 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
- 4 soft tacos (any flat-bread will work)
- ½ avocado sliced
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 4 lemon wedges grilled on the braai until caramelized, about 5 minutes
Thread the portobello mushrooms onto the wooden skewers
Brush the mushrooms with the barbecue marinade and place straight onto a medium-hot braai, basting with more barbecue sauce as you go, and turning until mushrooms are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion, wasabi and mayonnaise.
Remove mushrooms from the braai, slice into thick strips, and divide between tacos.
Top with slaw, avocado and coriander. Serve immediately with grilled lemon wedges.