Mushroom, Carrot & Quinoa Fish Balls
Enjoy this new fish ball recipe with the little ones.
For the Fish balls
- 500 g hake fillets (or any firm white fish)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g white button mushrooms
- 1 large carrot peeled & grated
- 1 cup quinoa cooked
- 2 xl free-range eggs lightly beaten
- 1 lemon zest
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup spring onions sliced
- salt and pepper
For the fish
Place hake fillets on a lined baking tray. Lightly brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before removing any bits of skin. Lightly flake the cooked fillets into a large bowl and set aside to cool completely.