Moroccan Butternut, Mushroom & Nut Phyllo Pot Pies
A North African vegetarian dish served with mushrooms and feta.
- 10 ml olive oil
- 15 ml butter
- 150 g button or portabellini mushrooms, quartered
- 100 g baby mushrooms
- 5 ml paprika
- 5 ml ground cumin
- salt and milled black pepper
- 500 g roasted butternut, cubed
- 125 g feta cheese
- 45 ml dukkah
- 50 g flaked almonds, toasted and crumbled
- 45 ml fresh coriander, chopped
Phyllo Pot Pies
- 45 ml olive oil
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry, trimmed into large squares
- 30 ml white sesame seeds
For the Phyllo Pot Pies:
Preheat the oven to 200°Brush the sheets of phyllo pastry lightly with olive oil and arrange on top of each other in an overlapping stack.
Place the cooled filling in the centre of the pastry and enclose the filling in the pastry.
Brush the top with olive oil and scatter the sesame seeds over the top.
Transfer the pie to a baking sheet and bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until golden and crispy.