Linguine or spaghetti with mushrooms, pesto, avo and feta
Another simple Italian meal made with rustic, earthy mushrooms.
- 400 g spaghetti or linguine, cooked and drained
- 45 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250 g button or portabellini mushrooms
- 3 big brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 45 ml basil pesto
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 45 ml Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 150 g feta cheese, cubed
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- milled black pepper
- a few fresh basil leaves
Heat 30ml olive oil in a large pan or wok. Fry the garlic, big brown and button mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until cooked.
Add the basil pesto and lemon zest and juice and mix well.
Add the cooked and drained spaghetti, avocado and feta cheese.
Lightly toss to combine and serve, with a few fresh basil leaves, milled black pepper and some extra Parmesan cheese.