Greek Mushroom & Potato Salad
Here is a recipe for a gourmet potato salad with Mediterranean flair. Greek Mushroom and Potato Salad with Cherry Tomatoes, Feta Cheese, and Olives
For the salad
- 400 g baby potatoes sliced in half
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 250 g white button mushrooms sliced in half
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 200 g cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ large cucumber deseeded and roughly chopped
- 100 g feta cheese roughly broken into chunks
- 100 g black olives preferably Kalamata
- 1 handful fresh oregano leaves
- olive oil for cooking and dressing
- juice of 1 lemon for dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
For the potatoes
Gently boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain and leave to steam dry and cool. When cool, place in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and dried oregano. Toss to coat well.
For the mushrooms
Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Cook the white buttons until lightly golden brown. Season well.
Put the onion, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl and season to taste.Add the mushrooms and potatoes and mix. Scatter the top of the salad with feta, olives and oregano leaves.Sprinkle over the dried oregano and drizzle everything with a little olive oil and lemon juice and serve.