Air Fried Mushroom Lettuce Cups with Chilli, Coriander & Lime Dressing
Light and flavorful lettuce cups filled with air-fried mushrooms, zesty dressing, and a kick of chili and coriander.
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, minced free range, sliced in half
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, minced finely diced
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce1 tsp honey1 tsp sesame oil
- 500 g portabellini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 head butter lettuce or 2 baby gem lettuce heads
- 2 cups cooked wild & brown rice
- 1 cucumber Mediterranean, diced
- 4 spring onions thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedges
Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Mix well and taste to adjust seasoning. Preheat air fryer to 190˚C. In a large mixing bowl combine the portabellinis with the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce and some freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat well.
Place mushrooms in the preheated air fryer basket and air fry for 3-4 minutes, depending on their size.
When golden brown and tender remove from the air fryer. Separate lettuce heads into cups. Place on a serving platter. Fill each lettuce cup with a little rice and then some cucumber. Spoon over the air fried mushrooms. Top with spring onions.
Generously drizzle the lettuce cups with the dressing and serve with extra lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!